Friday, October 15, 2010

PE camp

Kuna me pidime matkast journal'i kirjutama ja ma ei viitsi seda kõike eesti keelde ümber kirjutada, siis ma lihtsalt kopin selle siia. See ei ole väga korralikult kirjutatud, sest enamasti ma tegin seda teiste tundide ajast. .

The PE camp took place from 12th to 15th October 2010 in Deep Creek Conservation Park. On Tuesday we arrived with bus to Cobbler Hill Campground. The weather was very foggy and it was raining at the time we had to put up tents. The ground was really hard and we couldn’t find any big rocks from this area. We had to wait for ages to get a hammer because there weren’t enough for everyone. So, putting up the tent took a while also because I had never seen this kind of tent before. Because we had to wait so long in the rain we decided to carry the hammer on our own. So, the next times, we wouldn’t have to be in the same situation. On the first day we made a hike to Blowhole Beach. Going there we followed Blowhole Beach Hike track and coming back we walked on the 4WD road. When we left the campground it was raining. So, I decided not to take my camera with me. Soon the rain stopped and I regretted my decision, because there were many spectacular views and heaps of kangaroos. Once, when I tried to count them I saw 28 at one moment. Before that I had seen only couple of kangaroos in my life. But the track was very slippery and I almost fell many times. Then I felt good that I didn’t bring my camera, because it was too dangerous. I found that least slippery was at the sides of the track, where grew a little bit of grass. This way I was able to avoid falling on the ground.

When we got back we had time to organise our stuff in the tent. We had recently finished our lunch, which was chicken sandwiches and we didn’t feel hungry. However, we were all supposed to make dinner together at the same time. So, for the first dinner we made noodles with little sausages. It was first time for both of us to use the trangia, but I think we managed well. There was a little hill in the middle of the place where our tent was. So, it took a while to find a good position for sleeping, but the night was amazing and I had good sleep.

On Wednesday morning there was quite strong wind. So, the tent was almost dry. It didn’t took very long to get everything packed. For breakfast we had cereals with milk, which was really good, because that’s what I eat every morning in the Boarding House. When we started walking with our rucksacks I discovered that the thing that should hold the bag on your hips is broken and most of the weight was still on my shoulders. This made the hike little bit harder for me. We followed the Heysen Trail and our aim was Trig campground. In the beginning there were problems with the navigation and also there was more confusion because of the reroute. The hike this day wasn’t very hard. There were many flowers that I have seen only at florists’. We had our morning tea at Eagle Waterhole Campground. There we entertained ourselves with reading the diary of this place. As we continued the hike I really liked the nature and the views because it was very different to the ones I have seen before. Also the “dog-sized” ants were quite a shock to me. We had our lunch at the lowest point, just before we had to start rising again. For lunch we had chicken wrap. The uphill part wasn’t awful because we made heaps of rests while we were waiting for the last ones. The weather this day was mostly cloudy. But I think it was the perfect weather for walking. Finally we arrived to Trig Campground and found out that the other group was already there, but they had gone for another walk. This time I put the tent up pretty quickly. Also having the hammer helped a lot. When I went to find the toilets, I discovered a mob of kangaroos just next to our camping site. So, I spent a while making photos of them. For dinner we had noodles again. It was very quick and didn’t need much water to wash up. In the dark we had another circle to listen some presentations and memories of the trip. It was very interesting to listen what others had captured to their minds.

The third day started again with cereals. Surprisingly, the sun was shining. This day me and Pia had to start as leaders. We found the Heysen Trail with ease and didn’t get lost at any time. There were two times when the track split into two and there was no sign which one was Heysen Trail. However, with the map and investigating the track we managed to choose the right one both times. The first part until the waterfall wasn’t hard at all. Near the waterfall we had our morning tea and changed the leaders. Next leaders were boys. That meant that they were pretty quick and it took some effort to follow them. Just after the waterfall came the hardest part of this hike. It was the track which went uphill and we practically had to climb up using also our hands. Also the snakes, which started appearing on our track didn’t make our journey easier. On this hike the first ones saw 4 snakes. It was because the weather was really warm and sunny this day. I had a possibility to see one of them. Going down the hill wasn’t very easy also, because then the weight of my bag was mostly on my shoulders. We had our lunch on the Tapanappa lookout. It was really windy because it was really high and there weren’t many trees to stop the wind. The way from there to the Tapanappa campground we followed a road and it was quite flat. So, it didn’t take long to get to there. Tent was up very quickly this time. On our free time we learned some new words from Carla and Micaela and then we watched how boys played the ninja. For the dinner we made couscous with salmon. It tasted really-really good. Maybe we were just hungry. Later we had the presentations. I made mine of Deep Creek Conservation Park’s walks and hikes. It started raining before everyone could finish. We went to our tents and went to sleep although it was quite early. At night suddenly I woke up because of a really strong wind. I hoped that our tent would stay up because I tried to put up the tent well. This time we could hear voices from other tents also. The wind sounded very creepy.

In the morning I was happy, because the tent was still up. Although, I was tired because I couldn’t get much sleep at night. It was still raining and I discovered that one of my runners was too close to the edge of the tent and it was wet. We had cereals for breakfast and then we packed up. We went with bus to next place and we made there the Forest Circuit Walk. It was really easy. In the end we talked again about positive and negative stuff we experienced.

Ringis kokkamine :D

Lõuna

Waterfall

Madu!!! Selle lõigu peal oli neid 4!

See on varandus, mille ma sain, kui oma fotoka järelvalveta bussi jätsin viimasel päeval.

No comments:

Post a Comment